Skip to main content


Showing posts with the label truck training

What steps do I need to take to get an ADR dangerous goods permit?

Driving vehicles carrying dangerous goods requires a special administrative authorization, known as an ADR dangerous goods permit. The ADR permit authorizes the transport of dangerous goods, proving that they have the necessary knowledge to transport and handle said cargo during its transport. Depending on the load and the type of transport, some type of extension to the basic ADR authorization may be needed. The special authorization for dangerous goods does not by itself authorize driving, so it must always be accompanied by the current ordinary driving license required for the vehicle in question. To obtain authorization, the first thing to do is take a course at an approved training center and then pass a theoretical test at the DGT. The dangerous goods permit is a International permit that allows the transport of such goods in countries that have signed the ADR - International Agreement on the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road. The permit is valid for five years, althoug